Saturday, April 26, 2008

January 28, 2008

The chemo date is sliding, but only by one day. My blood tests show low blood counts, so I'm scheduled for a blood transfusion Tuesday, then chemo on Wed. Fortunately, my CA-125 tumor counter continues to decline. It dropped from 230 to 87 (normal is under 30, so we're almost there).

I am so grateful for the expert care the doctors and nurses have been giving me. Each time I am in for a procedure, I am reminded of the loving care and the hard work these professionals deliver! Next time you run into one, tell them how great they are!


You will win this one ! Steve Clark

Sonya and I were in Chamberlain last Thursday night for the annual
Chamber Banquet. Sharon did a great job of introducing Doug Knust as
winner of the Family Business of the Year award. We had a nice visit
with Terry and Sharon. You are an inspiration to all of us on how
to deal with challenges that life brings our way. It's obvious your
strong faith and great family that surrounds you will help you win
this one. Sorry we missed you over Christmas. Our entire family came down with the flu thanks to our son and we were confined due to
the contagious nature of it. Hope to come down again this spring to
Scottsdale. Thinking of you and praying for you.

Steve, Sonya and Kade Clark
Mitchell, S.D.


Faith Hope and Love Dave Kuhlman
Maureen, it is wonderful to read your messages and know that you are trusting God with your situation. It has always been my Hope through this situation for a complete healing and the AWESOME testimony that will bring.

The word Hope is an interesting one in deed. When we use it in our everyday lives, it is more of a wish but in the Bible one of the translations is "Cheerfull Expectation". So I stand with you, your family and all of the friends here, Cheerfully Expecting a complete healing.

Also remeber that when we close our prayers with Amen, that is the same as saying "So Shall it Be".

It is good to know that the Holy Spirit knows what to do with a golf club ;-}. Wish he could give me some lessons.

Looking forward to having you back at work soon.

Yours in Faith, Hope and Love,
Dave Kuhlman


Jane Austin works on PBS... Jeanne Hassel
Maureen your strength continues to amaze me... you keep getting thown curve balls and you face each one with God's Grace! WOW! Claire was confirmed yesterday... YES! Maria was in a city wide Basketball Tournament and her 5th grade team took 1st Place... (this is a first for her team!!!) After a weekend of activity, I started doing laundry at 10:00 pm last night and turned on the TV to the Public Television station... great classics were on... it was lovely - even late at night doing laundry! Based on your update you are up on all the programs on TV...

Keep the faith Maureen - fight this battle with all you've got! We pray for your DAILY!!!!!!!!!! You are so LOVED!

Jeanne, Greg, Claire, Anna & Maria


You Made Our Day! Catherine Billion
We thank you, Maureen, for the great news of the CA 125. Also, we are thankful for the many blood donors! I get choked up thinking about how far you've come, and that the 2nd to last chemo is Wednesday. We all love you so much.


Thanking God Lizzy Hofer
Reenie Gasgoleenie!! Way to go. I'm just thanking God also for all the wisdom and knowledge along with compassion He has given to those caring for you. For all the medicines and machines and for all those people out there who donate blood!! Wow-I'll be forever thankful. Oh, dear Maureen you have really come so far-it's amazing and only a God-thing!! I'm cleanning my house today. It's been warm and the dogs have tracked in mud for 3 days now. Gotta mop! Love and snow from SD, Lizzy


Right Direction! Richard Binger
Maureen, great news on the direction the numbers are heading!!!! I am just visualizing a solid hit with one of those Ping clubs for every number reduced!!!!

You and your family continue in our prayers!


GOOD NUMBERS Nan Pearson
Maureen, it is great that you are responding to the treatment and
that the numbers are looking good. Your optimism and strength
amaze me!!! Keep up to good work!!!
Love,
Nan and Roger Pearson


WOW! Mary Permoda
Hi Maureen,

87 is great! You have come a long way baby! I am cheering you on the rest of the way!!! Prayers for a good day today...


Your news made my day!!! Jan Larson
I'm checking your updates every day!! I am so glad to hear your numbers are going in the right direction! They're forecasting winchill temps of -35 degrees below zero the next few days in SD, so I hope you're enjoying the Arizona sunshine!! I hope the rest of the week goes well for you!!!!


Great News!! Lisa Lavely
Thank you for the update about the CA125 levels - that is great news!! You are almost there!

This weekend, I went to a team captain meeting for the Relay for Life. Listening to the stories of others made me appreciate your fight even more. Your strength, bravery & humor is amazing. Sending you prayers for the next chemo treatment. Can't wait to have that glass of wine with you!!

No comments: