Saturday, April 26, 2008

January 25, 2008

t would be too much to assume no complications this time. Unfortunately, I've developed another infection in the wound that was previously infected, and am having a little pain under my right rib cage. On the positive side, after just a few days on a new antibiotic, the wound is already showing signs of improvement, and I have an ultrasound scheduled for Monday so the doctor can take a closer look at the painful area. Chemo #5 is scheduled for Tuesday, 1/29. Hopefully these new development will not delay that.

Our cable went out for two entire days recently, and I discovered what a TV junkie I've become. I've mastered the complicated remote control (couldn't figure that out a few months ago) and can recite names and numbers of the channels. This is bad, right? Balancing time between TV and a few good books has me back on track.

God's blessings to all,
Maureen


MORE PRAYERS FROM COLORADO! Judy Kludt
Maureen, Mike and family:

We are continuing to send our prayers and positive thoughts your way, daily. Jan. 29th is our daughter's (Nicole) birthday - so lets hang on that known proven fact - God sends miracles - as he did when Nicole came into our lives (at least we think so) - so I'm praying extra intensity that another miracle will be forthcoming from GOD and you will continue to fight this cancer and WIN.

TAKE CARE Maureen.

Our love and prayers are with you.

Judy & Paul Kludt and family.


You are almost there! Mary Permoda
Maureen,
hang in there - you are already 1/2 way through...each day is a day closer to complete health! I admire your courage and strength! keep imagining...in between Opra and the other tv favorites!

I am praying for a good day for you.


hello channel queen !!!! Patti Herf
WELL, NOW I KNOW WHOM TO CALL WHEN I CAN'T REMEMBER WHEN A SHOW IS ON OR ON WHICH CHANNEL... OR..WHEN I'M TRYING TO PUT THE "Thomas" video on for our almost 3 yr. old Reilley and he is so patient as he sits telling me "just push start, gramma" pretty soon he'll be old enought to do the whole procedure himself and then maybe i'll learn... keeping prayers coming and fingers crossed for Chemo # 5 to be on time and that infection gone for good!!! KNOW THAT I THINK OF YOU DAILY WITH ONLY POSITIVE THOUGHTS, love and hugs, patti and charlie


Your imagery Virginia Casey
Dearest Maureen,

I LOVE your imagery; OF COURSE, having to do with golf. Ha! You are such a joy in our life, Maureen. Our prayers and love are with you, Mike, and the family every single day. Continue with your courageous battle, Sweetheart. You will be well.

Love,
Auntie Gin


God's Gifts to You Kathi and Pat Rile
God has blessed you with many gifts, Maureen and the one you are sharing now is your gift of words ! You are able to give us a clear picture of your experience with openness and sometimes humor. We appreciate you and your gifts !
Love, Kathi and Pat


You are something! Dick Casey
Maureen: Your courage, optimism and faith are so inspiring! We love you and pray for you every single day! Bev and I will be in Scottsdale March 7-12 and look forward to seeing you while we're there! Take care, and good luck with the next round!
Love,
Dick


Thinking of You Anne Wolf
Maureen - When I think of you going through this hard time, I remember a poem that someone sent me when we suffered the senseless and tragic loss of my mum. The poem was about the quilt that God creates in our lives and how we only see it from the bottom. We see all the messy stitches and sometimes the pattern doesn't look like it makes any sense. He is the only one who can see the beauty of the quilt from the top and that it is laid out just as it is supposed to be. Sometimes it's not easy to remember that, but use your visualization to imagine just how beautiful your masterpiece of a quilt is going to be when all of this is past. All of the knots will be mended, the fabrics will blend and the threads will interweave to make this just something that is a part of your past instead of a part of your present. You are always in our hearts and in our prayers.

Anne, Jeff, Megan and Will

No comments: