Saturday, April 26, 2008

January 16, 2008

I am still feeling pretty good, relatively speaking, and I'm still eating! My surface wounds are healing so nicely that today my homecare nurse relieved me of the portable vacuum therapy machine I've been lugging around for weeks. What a freedom! This good news is a small step forward, but many small steps will lead to victory.

God's blessings,
Maureen




Maureen - The Blessing of another day in 2008 Joan Lentner
I was just thinking of how far you have come since October 2007. That seems so far away since we are already 17 days into 2008. But you have accomplished so much. You have overcome every obsticle thrown your way and you are living proof that God is and will continue to get thru each day. There is "always" hope for the good days...and they are a coming! You came to mind and I wanted to let you know that God hears the name "Maureen" many times a day (and I have been using that Holy Water that I keep by my desk also). Happy Thursday! The weekend is almost here and for us in Minnesota it's going to be pretty cold (-13 on Friay evening and colder Saturday evening, but we are those tough Minnesotans that can handle this :)

Joan
LH - Mpls


Keep it Up! Erin Anderson
Hi Maureen-

I am so proud of you and your strong body and mind. I had a lovely dream about you last night - walking by the sea here in Victoria. I am wishing you many more small steps forward! Lots of love,

Erin A


Prayers from California Sheila Scola
Glad to hear you are doing better Maureen. Continuing to send prayers your way from California.


John, Sheila, Erin, Shannon and Sean Scola


Right On Girl! Pat Hennesy
It sounds as if you may be getting ready for the Superbowl!! You may not be able to jump up and down on the furniture like last year but Mike, Kathy & I will do that for you. Keep up the hard work of getting better. Every positive turn for you causes us to celebrate! Get better soon - our furniture cannot take much more of this!! We love you! Pat & Kathy.


Greetings from Spain Yolanda Munguia
Even though I don't write many messages I always read every single update you write and when it's good news like today it really makes my day!! You're all in my thoughts and prayers.
Love always

We miss you Ben Behr
Hey Maureen, It has been a while, but please know that my family and I are keeping you in our prayers. I definitely miss you here at work, so much has happened since it seems like years have passed. I know that with everything that has happened sometimes we just need to smile and laugh. Here is our blog page for Emma so you can see how she has grown: behrendbaby.blogspot.com. She took her first crawling step last night. She is so adorable I can hardly stand it, and when she smiles it just makes my day, and I am sure she can make you smile as well. Hang tough Maureen we are all there with you. -Ben


Lighter Load Elaine DuBois
Maureen,
Thank goodness you are able to leave that portable vacuum therapy machine behind. We are so happy for you!
We continue to pray for you and your family.
Hugs,
Elaine and Bob Karr


HANG IN THERE MAUREEN! Judy Kludt
Maureen, as I read your last update I can't help feeling confident that the Lord is with you and watching over you. Your faith shines for all of us to see and I only hope we have as much as thee.

Our prayers continue to be with you daily. Love to you and your family from the Colorado Rocky Mountains! Judy & Paul Kludt & family.


You're Moving Forward Pat Hennesy
Hi Maureen - you are now moving forward. You're almost at the top of the hill, and once you get there, it'll be easier. You are certainly an inspiration for all of us!

All our love,
Pat and Kathy


Relay for Life - To Support Maureen! Lisa Lavely
Maureen,

Some of your friends and co-workers have put together a team to take part in the American Cancer Society Relay For Life®. This event brings together the community and helps raise funds for the fight against this disease.

For anyone else that is interested in participating - We would love for you to join us as part of our Relay team, Team Pura Vida!
At the event, we'll camp out overnight, walk around the track, and meet lots of new people. There is a tribute to cancer survivors and caregivers that starts off the night and a ceremony honoring those who have fought the disease.
You can get more information about Relay For Life and the American Cancer Society by clicking the link below. Please join us in this fight & to support our dear friend Maureen!!

Event Date and Time
April 26th - 27th, 2008: 6pm-6am

Event Location
Coronado High School - Scottsdale, AZ
Click here to view the team page for Team Pura Vida!
If the text above does not appear as a clickable link, you can visit the web address:
http://main.acsevents.org/goto/TeamPuraVida

PS - For those of you out of state, you can form your own local team too!

Thanks Maureen for inspiring us to join together for such a great cause!

No comments: