Saturday, April 26, 2008

January 06, 2008

"I put my trust in You, O God, as best as I am able. May I be strong. May I not be afraid."

As Mike wrote, we had another setback week, but these things happen. I am learning to accept that there is no common track for cancer treatment, and I am no exception. When I place my trust in God, and that eases my pain and fears.

The good news is that I'm home again, and am scheduled for chemo this week so we can move forward. The doctor believes that the combination of the fluid build-up and all of the medications I was on (pain killers, antibiotics) was too hard on me. The fluid is drained and he made adjustments on the medications, and I am eating again!

Forward ho!
Maureen




Pain Killers GERALD MURPHY
The pain killers almost wiped Peggy out for the side effects were so bad for her, so hope you are off most. Glad you are going ahead,just think you will soon be over half way there. We pray for your good progress
Peggy and Gerry Murphy


Love and Blessings from Los Gatos Charlene Rex
Hi Maureen, You and all of your family have continued to be in our hearts and our prayers as we've followed your progress thru these CarePages. We so appreciate the regular and thoughtful updates from you and Mike, as well as all the heartfelt and wonderfully uplifing and loving messages from all of your support team, allowing us to stay informed, feel connected to you, and share in all the positive energy that is surrounding you on this challenging journey toward health. We've wished your path didn't have so many bumps in it; but in spite of those difficult times of "two steps forward, one step back", we rejoice in the tremendous progress you're making and our hearts are lightened. We know you have the faith and strength to meet each challenge, and that you have the BEST people in the world in your corner!
It was wonderful to see Connor on Christmas Day, and to know that he would be bringing you gifts of the heart from the Phoenix Rex household. We hope our angel ornament made its way to you from Los Gatos, and has helped to remind you of how completely you are surrounded by love and positive energy to help you be well. We're so glad to hear this latest glitch in your recovery seems to be behind you, and that you're feeling better! We look forward to hearing more reports of you kibitzing on the golf course and eating whatever sounds good to you!
With love and blessings,
Charlene and Bill



From the KLUDT family Judy Kludt
Maureen, Mike and family:
We are sad to hear of your most recent hospitalization. Truly, our continued prayers are with you. We also hope that you are able to eat those wonderful Tostitos SOON! I wish I was there to make you some of my "killer" guacamole - I know you would love it.
Love from all of the Kludt family in Colorado.


Fantastic! Richard Binger
So good to get your update and that things are tracking as needed. Know that our prayers, are joined with all of the others to let Christ Jesus know there is someone special he needs to be watching over and helping to battle this disease. As others have said, eat something fun, regain some strength, and start this new round of chemo with a vengence!! Thoughts and prayers always!
-Rich


Forward Momentum for Maureen! Joan Buckley
Your observation about chemotherapy is so true. Just as we are so wonderfully made by God, each of us unique...well, we all will have a unique path in our healing!
The most important part is that you are moving forward and NOTHING is stopping you - you go, girl! Through all of the mishaps and glitches and challenges, your strong faith in our almighty God has carried you through.
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." I would add the bible reference here, but my brain is foggy (like normal) and it is 1:30 in the am.
My prayer this week is for you to eat something really fun and to continue healing.


Way to Go, Maureen!! Catherine Billion
Thank you for the great info for the family and congrats on getting over that last set-back! Looking forward to your getting over another chemo. Today the "light" of Epiphany shone, when you told me you were home! May the Prince of All Hope and Peace hold you gently, and may our Mother comfort and protect you this week.
Love,
Catherine


So good to hear from you !!! Patti Herf
Charlie and i were hoping to get a message soon that you came home !! what a nice surprise to receive it tonight !! now that you are eating again...what can we bring over ???? JUST NAME IT, if we don't "make" it we'll find it...know that we think of you daily and say little prayers every day!!! "LITTLE" PRAYERS WITH "BIG" FEELING BEHIND THEM !!!


Welcome Back! Debbie Klimes
Maureen,
We are so glad you are home now and that they are getting you on track. We keep you in our daily prayers, and please know that we are here for you whenever you need us. All our love and blessings to you. The Klimes family


Keep the Faith!! Ann Boerhave
Dear Maureen,
I am so happy to hear your positive attitude toward this roller coaster ride. It is the only way to make it through. You are an inspiration to others. I can hear the truth in every word from you and Mike. It is almost as we wrote them ourselves, going through the same. Lyle made it home for Christmas but then went back into the hospital on New Year's Eve for a week. It is SOOOOOO up and down with this fight. Stay strong, we will be praying for you every step of the way.
Love,
Ann Boerhave


Good Morning, Maureen Clint Gibson
How great it is to hear that you are home and eating again. You have legions of friends who pray for you every day and think of you all the time. On behalf of Judy and myself we send you our love.
Clint


Hi Maureen! Mary Sueper
Cancer is a roller coaster ride and you are finding that out first hand, unfortunately! But with your positive spirit and energy you always seem to find your way back "up" quickly! I am so glad to hear that you are home and eating again. I think and pray for you daily. Our priest read your name at mass during intentions yesterday... you have many people praying for you! I love you! Mary


Maureen - The Blessing of another day in 2008 Joan Lentner
Good Morning Maureen!
The start of another week and I pray it is a really good one for you. I read you emails and see the setbacks and resilience to go forward and I am inspired to pray even harder for you. You are truly a fighter...and as hard as it is and we can't know because we aren't walking in your shoes, I know and believe that God cares and is right by your side. He will never fail you and my prayers are going, going, gone. God hears the name "Maureen" often each day. There is light at the end of the tunnel and there is life after cancer. When that comes you will be jumping for joy. Wishing you every good thing possible to sustain you as you start the next round of chemo.
Be assured that many good things are happening for you right at this very moment...because all prayers are answered and we just don't always know how and when.
Smile break time: :) even a tiny little smile!
Sending lots of love to you Maureen and a Great Big Hug!!!
Joan
LH - Mpls


Yippee!!!! Terrie Jorgensen
Maureen - We are so glad that you are home again. Prayers and love are contiuing to flow from our home to yours. Continue to stay strong! Love, Terrie, Dick & Jenny


Glad you are home Colleen Gillespie
Hi Maureen,
I'm glad to hear that you are home and eating. Thanks for keeping us posted on how you are doing. We are thinking about you always. Many prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. Love you lots.
Hugs,
Colleen


Casey's in Michigan Collin Casey
Maureen,
You are always in our thoughts and prayers! Thank you for keeping us informed on how you are doing! You have such great strength and faith! The boys have been praying for you every night! You are miles away but, close in our hearts!
Love,
Tracy, Collin, Sean, Cam, & Jake


You are not alone Linda & Max Selig
You are not alone. So many of our friends who have life threatening conditions have experienced set backs along the way. It seems to be the pattern with chemo. All goes forward eventually but with the frustration of waiting. Keep your spirits strong along with your faith. Both will serve you well. Our wishes for your men folk as well. I know how stressful and difficult this must be for them and we will pray for their strength and health as well. Lin Selig


"I know I can, I know I can...." Lisa Lavely
Your optimism and strength will continue to pull you through all of these challenges, just like that little engine climbing the mountain. Glad to hear you are eating again, have some of your favorites, even if it is just a bite or two!
Last week we ran into some other friends that attend St. Bernadette's (the Fitzgerald family). John was Cameron's first football coach & continues to be a good friend. He will be sure to include you in their prayers - so many prayers are being sent your way. You are so loved!!
<3>


H E L L O Nan Pearson
Hi Maureen,
We really appreciate this wonderful website. It is so nice
to get information and updates from YOU. We are so sorry that
you have to be so brave and endure this nightmare. We just
hope that it won't be much longer till you're back in the swing
of things.
Love,
Nan and Roger Pearson


Fantastic News Elaine DuBois
Maureen,
I am so glad to hear that you are home and eating. Fantastic news!
Love you,
Elaine


Prayer from a website Joan Buckley
Hi Miss M - I am hoping that today was filled with Tostitos and guacamole for you! Here is a prayer from a website that emails me everyday: (Holy Family Ministries- there, I cited it. )
A holy day has dawned upon us. Come, you nations, and adore the Lord. Today a great light has come upon the earth.
Lord Jesus, there are times that we live in darkness. During these times, we ask that you lead us through these dark moments into the light of your presence. May we never feel ashamed to ask you to help us out of the darkness and into the radiant joy of your light. We ask this in your name. Amen.
May you feel the light of Christ today and every day!
JoanB.


Yes! You are home! Jeanne Hassel
We are so happy that you are home again! Your faith is so awesome Maureen! Thank you! Keep fighting this battle Maureen! We all prayed for you today. Maria and I pray each morning on the way to school and you are mentioned with special prayers! We love you and wish we could do more! Let's get this 4th treatment over... one step closer to the end! God's peace!
Jeanne, Greg, Claire, Anna and Maria


You Go Girl Mary Permoda
Hi Maureen,
You have your faith and trust in the right place! Take each day/moment as it comes. Celebrate you are eating now! With another chemo down you have less to go. I am lifting you in prayer - I am sending you strength and peace.......



Hi Maureen Laurel Costello
Cousin Laurel checking in again. I have been keeping up with your care through my sister, Paula, but am signed in again. Just keep fighting, you can beat this thing. It seems that with cancer and chemo it is often 2 steps forward and 3 back, but eventually, the chemo gets ahold of it. Just keep believing and many of the famiiy are praying for you to get strong and well again.
Laurel


New Mary jo Christensen
Every Day is a new year. We wish you well with all the new treatments you are having. We had a super Christmas in SD with all 6 children and 13 grandchildren. Weather was snowy, but came slowly so I said it was as pretty as snow can get. That was high praise for me. Came home with grandparents disease (what you get when exposed to feverish, coughing, sneezing, headachey grandchildren). It in its smallness makes me appreciate your life and experiences. We care. We pray. Love Mary JoC


Thinking of You Donna Dominiack
Hi Maureen, Mike and boys,
I graduated with Mike (a few years ago :) ) and I have just learned of your illness Maureen, I can relate so much to what you are going thru. When I was 19 I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer also. Maureen I was full of cancer and not given much hope. They immediately sent me to Detroit for treatment and with God's blessings I am still here to this day. There is only one way I made it thru and it was by God's grace and the many many prayers. When I went onto your page for the first time yesterday I thought to myself I do not know Maureen but she is truly loved and an inspiration to many people. You will have challenges ahead of you but just remember to keep a positive attitude and say your prayers. God is good he truly listens to us here on earth. I know today you have a treatment and my heart is with you Maureen. I remember when I was diagnosed my brother told me "Sis this will all be a bad nightmare some day" And he is so right. Hang in there you will beat this big C I know you can do this you are so loved.
God Bless You
Donna Dominiack


Hi dear ones! Kathy Miller
So many, many times a day I think of you and lift your names in prayer. You are not going to go thru this alone, you are never going to be without your family and friends. You all are so special to us. Your suffering, Maureen, must take such courage, and we are all cheering you on. Thanks so much for the update. Every time you or Mike write, it is such a gift! God bless...Auntie Kathy


Fight Katie and Joe Casey
Keep fighting this week, mom.
You had the stamina to raise 3 boys, so I know you can get through this!


we continue to pray for you Maureen. Judy Knust
Maureen,
So glad to read more from you. You are amazing.
I have my CCD girls praying for you each week. I believe children's prayer are powerful.
Blessings,
Judy Knust


From Auntie Gin Virginia Casey
Hi Honey. You just "keep plugging away." (That's what Grandma & Grandpa Casey would have said.) We're with you in our mind and prayers, and know that your loving Mike will keep us informed. Just focus on getting well, our darling Maureen.
Love to you all,
Auntie Gin


Sending lots of love Barb Glanville
You are so courageous and find the best in the midst. May they find that right combination...sending our prayers as well. Love, Peter and Barb


Thinking of You Sara Hannan
Maureen...it is always great to see you walking around the block with Telluride. I am sure he is thrilled to be out with you! You are such an inspiration and I am always amazed at your positive attitude and your unwavering faith. I know you will get through this and we will be enjoying cocktail hour soon! Our thoughts and prayers are always with you.
Love the Hannans


Uneventual-WONDERFUL GERALD MURPHY
We are so glad to hear that this chemo was routine. Peggy eventually got to that point also. The experience of being in the room and seeing everybody else is something I'll never forget. It is hard to expain unless you have done it as either the patient or the caregiver. We pray for you, and hope you can keep up the spirits over the next few days. No fun but it is in the long haul good for you!!!
Peggy and Gerry


Maureen, We LOVE you! Molly Casey
We love you...keep going!
Love,
Molly


Sending lots of prayers! Nancy Gordon
Maureen, Just want you to know that I'm praying for you. May God's healing strength fill you up and get you through. Your honest yet positive outlook is such an inspiration. You are not fighting alone. The collective conscious of all the people who love you so much is fighting along with you. God bless you, sweetie.
luv
nancy gordon


Wishing you well! Ryan Casey
Thanks for the update Maureen! I can put together from people who know you and people who know cancer how painful this all is, which makes it that much more inspiring to hear your faith and optimism carry through when you tell us all about how you're doing!


Thinking of You Jan Larson
Hi Maureen:
Just a quick note to let you know I've been thinking of you! Glad to hear your last chemo treatment was "uneventful"!! You're in my prayers!!


Love you Maureen! Jeanne Hassel
Your updates are so wonderful Maureen... your courage, faith, humor are such a gift! God's strength over the next few days Maureen. You can do this!!! We LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jeanne, Greg & girls


Keep smiling, Maureen! Dick Casey
Good luck with your recovery from this last round of treatment, Maureen! We so much admire your faith, your humor and your determination! You remain in our prayers every day! We love you!
Dick & Bev


Maureen - There is "Hope" Joan Lentner
I read the latest update and even though you may not be feeling well for a while...be assured that I will be praying. They say miracles happen everyday (so you know what I am praying for...the big cure for you). As I read your update the word that jumped out at me was "Hope". My dear niece gave me the book, The Anatomy of Hope (How People Prevail in the Face of Illness). It's amazing how people dealt with difficult situations (as you are) with hope being the main focus. I will never give up hope for you and just wanted you to know that I am sending tons of love from Minnesota to AZ. Time for that smile :) break. Your faith will see you thru this. Under the circumstances, wishing you a good weekend to appreciate each and every day. Remember...there is life after cancer.
Love,
Joan
LH- Mpls.


You are so strong !!!! Hope Rex
Maureen, I think of you often and pray for you and your family to have the strength to keep on goes. You are amazing. I just wanted to write you about a book I'm listening to right now. It's John Paul the Great by Peggy Noonan. I'm enjoying it a great deal. Maybe you too could listen to it during some of your downtime... on the upswing of your cycle. It worth the listen. Take care, Hope


A FEELING OF PEACE WITHIN IS SO IMPORTANT !!! Patti Herf
good morning and , yes, keep that wonderful sense of peace and completing this puzzle of many turns ... i'm glad the powers that be are prepared with "plan B"... MANY MANY PRAYERS AND GOOD WISHES COME YOUR WAY DAILY FOR GOOD HEALING AND GOOD DAYS AHEAD !!! we love you and are only thinking RECOVERY SOON !!! hugs to you, patti and charlie


....Keep Going! Lisa Lavely
I watched a documentary the other night, called "The Breast Cancer Diaries." If it weren't for you and your experience, I don't think I would have kept watching. Your experience has really opened my eyes. It made me want to keep watching, to try to understand a little better.
Anyway, the subject of the documentary was a young journalist & she used a great quote from Winston Churchill. Since it fit so well, I wanted to share it:
"If you are going through hell, keep going."
Keep going Maureen - you are making progress!!


Shining Example Kathi and Pat Rile
Maureen, you touch are hearts with your faith and trust in Our Lord. Thank you for being so willing to share your journey with us. It means alot ! You are always in our prayers. Love, Kathi and Pat


We miss you. Hang tough! Trevor Sears
If ever I knew someone who could overcome this kind of adversity Maureen, it is you.
We are all praying and pulling for you.
We miss you and the value you add to the team along with the smiles.
Hang tough!


If I've said it once...Remember...you're a Maureen!!! Dean Altman
Greetings from the Network Team!-----
We miss you terribly and can't wait to see you, again. And, let me say if you need anything we are here for you and your family.-----
Some updates...not sure who has kept you up-to-date so if its redundant, sorry...-----
--PCI is effectively over, however, we have added some log analysis rules to our repartee.
--Stephen Hope is onboard to assist with the new Security Admin aspects added as a Level 1 Net Tech.
--2008 is to be the year of training so we are gearing up for some classes (most notably VoIP for the new store configuration rollout).
Other than that, business as usual.-----
On the personal side for me...Cindy is enjoying her work with the State's mixed IT environment (they run what we do, but with Oracle as well). And, her Birthday is Monday! She's turning 21 so I have to get her something special.-----
Our youngest is beginning to talk...back. ;-) Okay, that was just ot be funny. He's talking so I can make out a few words, but he did actually just learn how to say, "No" and uses it liberally (with a hand wave). I've got some new pictures for you.-----
Our oldest is now equalizing from the pressure difference between Jr High and High School. Her ears are popping and grades are returning to normal (it got sketchy for a while with Cross Country practice).-----
My oldest boy is now a young man (12 years old and all). He talks the talk and is walking the line with his Momma. I can't argue much as long as he keeps his grades up and finishes his chores. Boys will be boys (don't worry, I jump between them occasionally...for safety's sake).------
The Great Dane is nearing 100 lbs and is still a puppy. He wants to sit on your lap, but I'm the only person with a lap big enough and I'm reaching my capacity. When the dog is asleep, the baby actually dives on this dog and he doesn't budge...just lifts his head, looks over and lays back down.-----
The Chihuahua is getting used to dodging the big dog's feet and is now the leg warmer of choice for our daughter.-----
Had to keep you in the know...now get some rest and we'll see you soon!-----
--Dean Altman and Family
You are in our prayers


Greetings from your sister in Christ L Ormsby
Dear Maureen,
So often we sit and ponder the right words to say when someone is experiencing trials and tribulations in their lives.
We try to find this profound message of words to strengthen and encourage them.
As I read through your blogs, I find words to strengthen and encourage me, words like trust God, thank him for the good and bad, ....When we are cursed, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure it. 1 Corinthians 4:12, etc.... I could go on and on.
Maureen, I don't know if I could be as strong and brave as you, but what I do know is where your strength comes from, and with Him nothing is impossible. You are truly my Hero.. Because of you I am looking at life a little different now.
I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers and pray God's will be done.
In Him
Lisa Ormsby


In our Prayers! Mike Vance
Maureen, my grandmother and my mother have both been through this. I know the pain and suffering that you go through. I also know that their are some good times. Hold on to them and let that help you through the tough times. Hang in there!!!
May the Lord be with you. May the Lord shine on you and give you peace!

Mike Vance


"Go Maureen!" Anne Taylor
Stay strong and keep up the fight so you can beat this and put it all behind you!!!! You can do it! Miss you and your smiling face. Work isn't the same with out you.
Praying for you.
xo
Anne Taylor

No comments: