Saturday, April 26, 2008

February 27, 2008

I’m sure you’re all anxious to find out the results of today’s chemo appointment. Frankly, we’re still riding the “roller coaster.” Its important to keep good news in check, as it many times is followed by not-so-good news. Today, Dr. Janisek has initiated his “Plan B.”

The good news is that I’ve gained 3 pounds and am physically stronger. All of the walking, eating and praying is having a positive effect.

The not-so-good news is that the tumor count only dropped 5 points over these past three weeks, an insignificant change. The doctor has been ready with “Plan B” in case this happened. Fortunately, the count is still going in the right direction, but it needs new attention. The doctor has also been keeping an eye on a wound in the vaginal area that is still not fully healed. He feels there may be a tumor there, causing it not to heal. He took a sample and ordered a biopsy, which will take a week or so to get results on.

As part of “Plan B” today I received two different, but common chemo drugs (Cisplatin and Gemzar) in a slightly smaller dose than normal, due to my low blood counts. I will be back in two weeks for another treatment (tentatively March 12).

So, there it is. I don’t know what God has planned for me, but I have to believe that it is all good, because He is all good. Thank you for your continuous prayers for my healing. I love hearing about how you are all doing. Your CarePages updates are food for my soul.

God Bless You All!
Maureen


Inspiration Kathy Dickey
Your messages are always such an inspiration to me. I look forward each night before bedtime to reading any messages you have written. You are so spiritual and so close to your Heavenly Father. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for taking the time to keep us posted. Love, Kathy in Tucson


Life truly is a roller coaster !!!!!!!!! Patti Herf
Maureen, we are all so interconnected... everyone has "some good news" and "some not so good news" every day come in to their lives...it's not the "news" per se that is really important, it's what we do with it !!! YOU ARE FIGHTING THE FIGHT.... MARCHING AHEAD WITH THE GRACE OF GOD, and....isn't that what we all had better do when the "not so goodnews" hits us ???? YOU are in good hands and in God's hands.. there is no better place.!!! KEEP EATING AND WALKING ,,,GOOD FOR YOU !! things are looking up!!!! HUGS TO YOU AND MIKE, PATTI AND CHARLIE


Storming Heaven Anne Wolf
I have a dear friend named Roe who is a devout Catholic. Anytime anyone was ever in need, she would send out the call that she was "Storming Heaven" on their behalf. When the call came that she had ovarian cancer it was our turn to storm heaven for her. She went through some very rough times, but almost 20 years later she is happy, healthy and strong. So now as I look at all of these prayers and good wishes for you I add mine. Please know that I am "Storming Heaven" for you and my friend Roe has added you to her prayer chain and they are all Storming Heaven for you in PA. Keep the Faith Maureen!


Love, and more, from Los Gatos Rexes Charlene Rex
Dear Maureen, Thank you for letting us know the latest on your health. As frustrating as this news must be, we have faith that you'll get through this challenge: with the count going in the right direction, your wonderful doctor having his Plan B, and the two different drugs... along with your incredible strength and positive attitude, your deep faith, and the amazing support you have from all over the world, we know this will prove to be just a little glitch in your journey to health. Our prayers continue to surround you in love and light, along with the thousands of others on your team. Feel the positive, healing energy enveloping you, and use every bit of it to lighten your burden as you continue your journey to health! So much love, to you and all of your family, Charlene and Bill


keeping the positive going.... Mary Permoda
yeah for gaining 3 lbs and feeling stronger! What a blessing that your dr has plan B waiting in the wings...I continue to pray not only for your complete healing and minimal reactions to the treatment, but also for the dr's wisdom and openness to God's plan. We are with you Maureen......


Thank You, Maureen Lisa Anderson
Dear Maureen,
Every time I read an update from you, I am struck by how much I am benefiting from your inspiration,as opposed to the other way around!!
We pray for you many times a day and it is such a comfort to know how eagerly and readily God is invited into your heart by your persistent and incredible faith.
Thank you, again for being such an incredible example of faith in it's purest form.
All My Love, Lisa Anderson


Keep the Faith Donna Dominiack
Hi Maureen,
I know the roller coaster ride gets real old but hold on tight it will get better with time. I know it is hard to hear this news, but it is not unusual. The ups and downs of this dreadful disease never seem to quit do they. Once again I am living proof, you can do this, all things are possible thru faith and prayers.
God Bless You,
Donna


Always in my thoughts Suzanne Rex
Hi Maureen! Seeing you the other day was wonderful! Your smile, kindness, and generosity always warms the room.
I am sure Plan B will work fabulously, but if not, there's always Plan C and D and E....one of them, or all, will get you healthy again!
I am thinking of you and praying for you every day. xo.


Thinking of you! Lori Governale
Just wanted you to know that you have been in my thoughts and prayers! We miss your smiling face around here, and continue to pray for your healing. You are such an inspiration with your positive attitude!
Lori G.


Hello from the Boerhaves Ann Boerhave
Hi Maureen,
Try not to worry about the plan B. God does have a plan and it may be a longer process than you expect. I'm sure this course of treatment is going to be just the right thing. You stay strong. Faith is the answer to all of this. Just keep praying for the Holy Spirit to come heal your body and He will. Take Care.
love, Ann Boerhave


Golf Star!! Kathy Gook
Maureen
It was great to see you out on the 'links' the other day chipping!!! I hope it was a fun, nourishing day for you!!! Keep up the great work....my prayers are with you!!!
Hugs, Kathy ***


Divine Healing Cynthia Sampers
Good Morning Maureen!
I continue to be amazed and awed at your courage and optimism. God is surrounding you and your family with much love and healing. The shamrock's on someone's message remind me that St. Patrick's day is around the corner. And I gotta tell you: the prayer that you sang with your sisters at a St. Paddy's Day party when you lived here in Eagan was one of the beautiful things I've ever heard. I think maybe you should do an encore performance. Maybe the website could support an audio message??
Maureen, you are surrounded with a world wide prayer of healing, circling you bringing forth healing. God Bless You All: a white tailed deer just passed by my window, a Native sign of the Divinity!
Prayers and thoughts to All,
Cindy and Kevin Sampers and girls


Maureen Catherine Billion
I am so grateful to have you as my sister. I am thankful also for your diligence and Dr. Janicek's diligence. Keep up the great work. We are singing praise to the Lord.


Something Special! Molly Casey
Maureen,
You amaze me every time I read your updates. Hang in there! I know my parents are looking forward to coming to Scottsdale in March. Hopefully you'll be able to see eachother.
God Bless you and your family! We all love you so much!


Hi Bump Mama Brian Kirby
I look forward to reading your messages and like to see your improvements and the things going on in your life. You're a super girl, never forget it. I get to see Jeanie and Greg often as our youngest girls are aspiring for the WNBA. Take care and hope to see you soon.


Heal on Maureen!!!!! Jeanne Hassel
You are wonderful! Wish we were closer to hug you! Keep positive Maureen... new treatments, new counts, constant faith, constant prayers. LOVE YOU!!!!
Jeanne, Greg & Girls in SD


On with Plan B! Lisa Lavely
I am so thankful to have you as a friend and to be part of your life. Every time we talk or I read one of your messages, I am reminded of that. You are wonderful and such an inspiration!
Life is full of detours, this is just another one of those. On with Plan B!


your persistant optimism.... Nancy Gordon
Maureen,
Keep that positive healing energy flowing through you. It is stronger than anything earthly, including cancer. You are amazing, you are much loved, you are strong, you are winning.
Keep every thought positive so you give no energy to even a single cancer cell... they will not survive your persistant optimism.
I believe this is true.
Sending you love and prayers!
nancy


How fun is it that you were out "chipping" Clint Gibson
I was not aware that you had thought of chipping and golf again. Maybe it's because you are a champion person in every sense of the word. Here is wishing and praying that you will be back to being the top golfer in the Casey household again soon.
Love and best wishes, Clint


Our Hero ! Charlie Herf
Maureen
Your strength and fortittude makes you our true hero. Patti and I think of you and the wonderful example you are setting for all of us with your positive determination. You know you are are in our daily prayers. Hang in there and you will beat this dread disease.
Charlie





Hey Sis
Jacque Ingemansen
Just want you to know you are on my mind. Hope your week is going well. We had a little taste of spring over the weekend, but now back to winter again. First robin sighting on March 1st-- a welcome sign of course! We are planning to go home to see Mom this weekend. I will give her a big long squeeze for you. The new moms and babies are doing well. With 5 in diapers, things can get crazy, but it is a happy crazy. Living each moment is the only way! Miss you. Love and kisses.


H I ! Nan Pearson
Hi Maureen,
We really appreciate the updates through this wonderful web site. I saw Mike at the store today. He said that you get out a little bit
and are gaining strength. We would love to see you when you are feeling up to it. If you want to get out we would love to have you
over for dinner or just a drink....whatever you feel up to.
Miss you,
Nan and Roger Pearson


Hello Maureen! Meagan Anderson
Hi Maureen! I'm thinking about you and your family! I'm excited to get through another semester of school, and looking forward to spring break in Hawaii!!! You're in my prayers! I love you and miss you lots!
Meagan


Keep up the great work, Maureen! Dick Casey
We're so proud of your faith and determination! You are truly inspiring, and yet, that comes as no surprise, as you've always been inspiring. We've done pretty well for ourselves, having you in our family! Bev and I look forward to seeing you next week when we're in Scottsdale! Much love!
Dick

Glad for the update Barb Glanville
Thanks so much for writing as we were eager to hear....nothing like some Irish music to make the soul dance...sending love and prayers. Peter and Barb


Thinking of You! Jan Larson
Hi Maureen! Just a quick note to let you know I've been thinking of you and hope you're feeling better and stronger every day. You're in my prayers!


Hoping You're Feeling Better Pat Hennesy
Hi Maureen - hope you are feeling better. We are thinking of you always and prayers are continual. Keep your chin up. Pat and Kathy


Thinking of the Caseys! Kathy Miller
Dear Maureen, we are thinking of you as usual, and hoping you're feeling good these last few days. I wish I could come over and bring you some of Lois Casey's cookies! I may spend the day baking, as it is rainy and cold here today. If I can figure a way to pack cookies so they don't end up in crumbs by the time they arrive, I will send some to Arizona. I'm not sure they're what the Dr. would order, but if he/she tasted just one, they just might. :) We send love and prayers....Steve and Kathy


oops Jacque Ingemansen
Sorry Maureen-- Care Pages was playing a computer trick on me, and I overshot. Well, now you know how much I love you! Twice as much!

No comments: