Saturday, April 26, 2008

February 21, 2008

Scottsdale Healthcare Shea is the hospital I've been frequenting these last few months. Last Saturday night, Mike and I had the privilege of attending the Honor Ball (see our photo), which is a celebration honoring the doctors associated with Scottsdale Healthcare and which also raises funds for healthcare related projects. It was a wonderful ballroom event, with a great dinner and a live band.

When Mike became associated with Scottsdale Healthcare years ago, little did we know we would become regular customers. I thank God for my husband's desire to help organizations like this one. I thank God to have given me the strength to attend the event so I could stand and applaud the doctors, nurses and staff. We also sat with and saw so many of our good friends.

Wednesday is my next chemo treatment. I already feel a little anxious about it. Its so easy for me to rely on the results of the blood tests for a snapshot of my condition and so easy for me to place my faith solely in the hands of medicine for my healing, when I know that God is in charge of my healing. The doctors and the medicine are His instruments. Knowing this and receiving all of the prayers from each of you make me feel more at peace. What a team you all make!

I celebrate all of you!
Maureen


The Casey's in Chamberlain Terry Casey
What a thrill to open the computor tonight and find a beautiful picture and news of your progress. I can see that you are looking healthy and happy. I hope that the two of your "tripped the light fantastic" for at least one dance with that wonderful music. We are looking forward to a visit after March market. It will be a short one and we hope to have a couple of tasks that we can assist with. Nothing too technical as you know Terry's skill level in the repair department, however, if you need to know anything about your meds, he will be able to handle any questions. I am hoping to do a little cooking with JP (maybe a lemon meringue pie). Love to all, Mom


Praying for U Karl Bode
Hi Maureen,
I spoke with Ben this morning and he gave me the link to this blog. I just wanted to tell you that I'm praying for you and I hope everything is going well. I didn't get a chance to look at all the pictures on the site yet but it sure doesn't look like you're in Kansas! :)
I'll continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Karl Bode
karlbode@cox.net


Party Girl! Judy Rex
What a great picture of you two! So glad you could be a part of what sounds like a fun and very meaningful event. You continue to amaze and inspire us all, Maureen. As you head into this next round of chemo, we will be picturing you on the dance floor, at the mall, and on the golf course as we pray for your continued healing and good health!
XO,
Mike and Judy


WHAT A TRULY DELIGHTFUL PHOTO OF YOU 2 !!! Patti Herf
Maureen, so glad you were not only able to attend the Ball but, that you looked so glorious !!! that chrimson was stuning !!! REMEMBER, LET ME KNOW ABOUT COMING TO YOGA... any thurs. that you feel you'd like to come, hugs, patti


You are an amazing gift Clalien Dahl
Our Darling Maureen,
You are an inspiration and a comfort to all of us. God bless you over and over and over...every day....forever
We love you and we will never stop praying for you
Your Jeff Houska Prayer Chain


Hello Colleen Gillespie
Hi Maureen,
You look beautiful in the picture. You two are such a good lookin' couple! I'm glad you had a fun night. I'm so glad to hear that you felt better with this last round of chemo, and we're praying that the next one will be the same for you. Keep up those happy thoughts! Love you lots.
Sending lots of prayers and healing thoughts,
Colleen


You are beautiful! Jeanne Hassel
We love you Maureen and Thank you for your updates... you are a gift. We love you! Jeanne, Greg, Claire, Anna & Maria


Still praying for you L Ormsby
Hi Maureen,
I just had surgery there at Scottsdale Healthcare Shea and I have to agree they are World Class there. From the time I walked through the door and the time they wheeled me out, they were awesome. I will continue to keep you in my prayers.
Lisa O


Hi, Maureen Clint Magnussen
You are something else! Seeing you with Mike in the picture just makes my day. On top of that, to be at the SHC event cheering on the docs, etc., shows just how upbeat and terrific you are. God's blessings to you -- keep up the charge!
Clint Magnussen


How Wonderful to See You Out with Mike! Clint Gibson
Maureen - It is heartwarming to see you and Mike in the photo. What a wonderful event for the two of you.
I recently was invited to be a member of Scottsdale Healthcare Advisors, so it's great to know you are receiving such terrific support.
Judy and I send you our love and best wishes for continued progress.
Clint


Love your picture!! Donna Dominiack
It is so great that you got to be included in such an awesome evening. I want you to know you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. Take care and have a great week-end.
God Bless You,
Donna Dominiack


Maureen - The Inspiration to all of us! Joan Lentner
You, Mike and your children have been on a roller coaster ride you will never forget. Being a cancer survivor myself, I know how blessed it is to have so many family members, friends and people we don't even know give us the encouragement we need for the journey. I can't imagine going through a difficult time without people who give us so much love and support. Tha'ts how we make it...just one day at a time and are we ever thankful for the better days. As the days go by so quickly, just know my prayers never stop for you. Wishing you a great day and upcoming weekend. You will do fine next Wednesday...prayers and God's wonderful care will get you through it. Sending lots of Minnesota Love to my friend in AZ...bet it's a lot warmer where you are. Smile break time :)
Joan , LH - Mpls


Praying you through Mary Permoda
Hi Maureen,
I am praying you through this week with chemo on wed (I think that is your day)! You are being surrounded with love and prayer as your shield.........



Hi Maureen! Kathy Miller
Just to let you know that we will be thinking about you tomorrow! Hope all goes well, and be sure to let us know if there is anything the Milllers can do. We were so happy to get the picture of you and Mike...a stunning couple, as usual! We send love and hugs....Steve and Kathy


Hi Maureen! Jennifer Jorgensen
Hi Maureen,
I just wanted to let you know that you look fabulous! I think of you often and my thoughts and prayers are with you each day:) Hope to see you soon.
Jenny


Stunning as Always! Joan Buckley F
Wowzer, Maureen, you are a knock-out!
I am so glad that you got to go to the Honor Ball - giving Mike another opportunity to wear his tuxedo!
You all continue to be in my daily prayers. Thank you for letting me be part of your team.


Wow! Elaine DuBois
Your photo made my day, thank you so much for posting it. Maureen, you look beautiful.
Love, Elaine


Hang in There Sheila Scola
Hi Maureen,
Hang in there! The Scolas in California continue to keep you and the entire Casey family in our prayers. Here's hoping for a quick recovery from today's chemo treatment. God Bless you,
John, Sheila, Erin, Shannon and Sean Scola


How are you doing? Jacque Ingemansen
Just want you to know I am thinking of you, and praying for powerful healing from this week's chemo treatment. Hope you will be ready for your Starbucks date by Saturday, dear Sis! I love you.


Good Luck, Maureen! Collin Casey
We are thinking of you and praying even harded! Good Luck on the 27th! We Love You!!! Tracy, Collin, Sean, Cameron and Jake.


Hello from windy Wyoming Marsha Oakes
Glad to hear you got to attend the Ball. You are in our prayers for your treatments. Hope all continues to go well with you. Love Marsha and Steve


Maureen ... are you smiling :) Joan Lentner
Just wanted to do a quick message to let you know that I will be going to Florida and won't be able to send messages to you...but not to worry because you will continue to be lifted in prayer everyday. When I am sitting by the water and meditating will be a good time to remember my friends who need extra prayer..that's you Maureen. In the meantime stay healthy and I look forward to reading the updates on how well you have done while I am away. You have come such a long ways and will continue to get better, because all prayers are answered in some special way. Sending lots of love for everyday that I am away.
Joan, LH - Mpls.

No comments: