Saturday, April 26, 2008

February 13, 2008

My sister, Alice, and I have had a super-duper time together. She has been such a huge help, with her loving comfort. Yesterday she took me to the Hospital to have the drain removed. I was very anxious about it, but her gentle reassurance was exactly what I needed. Her natural interest in science had her watching the whole procedure! (even I was afraid to watch)

Today we went out to the mall. Boy did we score! We walked the entire mall, and I still have energy left. Alice has to return home tomorrow, which will be sad for me, but I know her family is dying to have her back.

My next chemo is scheduled for Wed, Feb 26th, so I anticipate a couple weeks of good recovery time until then (God willing). I just finished paging through a book written for cancer patients called "100 Questions & Answers for Women Living with Cancer." Much of it was repeat information, but the excercise section has me inspired to pick up my recovery pace with more walking and some beginner Yoga. As good as I feel today, there shouldn't be anything to stop me.

Love you all,
Maureen


Best wishes from Fargo Tom Frei
Maureen:
Tracey and I (Tom) are friends of the Kenney's and you graciously invited us to a party at your house while we were visiting in Scottsdale (several years ago now). We want you to know that we are praying for you during your treatment and recovery. God bless you and your family.


Great to hear! Richard Binger
Maureen, what a great update...and what a typical word for you to use "super-duper"! I was laughing when I read that and when I re-typed it here! Stay on the track for recovery and know that you have tons of support!
-Rich


Happy Valentine's Day, Sweetie!!! Amy Atkins
Maureen, we can't stand it, just can't stand it! You are just an amazing fighter and we are so lucky to know you. Ken and I call each other every time we see that you have made an update so we can read the update together and then reminisce about how funny, vibrant and dynamic you are.
Have a sweet week!
Amy, Ken and family


Simply Amazing Molly Casey
Maureen,
You just simply amaze me every day! Keep up the yoga! :) Your motivation and positive energy will help me on Sunday while I'm running 13.1 miles!
Take care and much love to you and the guys!
Molly


Great news GERALD MURPHY
Peggy and I are so pleased to hear your progress.We know you will come out in a great way.
Peggy and Gerry Murphy


Yoga YES Elaine DuBois
Maureen,
Yoga is such a wonderful practice. I hope you catch Yoga fever like I have. My best to you and your family.
Love you, Elaine


Continuing good news !!!! Patti Herf
Maureen, as soon as you feel up to going to a yoga class, i would LOVE to have you join me at mine... after going to over 3 different places, i foumd a WONDERFUL lady at the Scottsdale Y..she is the BEST !!! I TRY TO GO 2 -3 times a week depending on GOLF..MY "OTHER" new passion that i'm looking forward to enjoying with you whenever you feel up to a few holes !!! TTYS, AND KEEP UP all THE GOOD WORK !!! HUGS TO YOU BOTH, PATTI


Happy Valentine's Day Maureen! Joan Lentner
I read your latest update and was so encouraged to hear that things are going better. What precious time you and your sister spent together. You are another day closer to be well. Enjoy this Valentine's Day and know that lots of people love you very much. Be good to Maureen today...you deserve it!! Yes, you do.
Valentine's Day prayers have been going for you.
Joan , LH - Mpls


Happy Valentine's Day Pat Hennesy
Hi Maureen and Mike - have a great Valentine's Day together! Maureen, I loved your analogy of the golf balls and want you to know I'm thinking of beating those cancer cells out of you with every shot. My game is really bad these days, so you're getting a lot of extra shots!
You're finally on the downhill side of this deal and we look forward to our Telluride ski trip next February.
All our love,
Pat and Kathy


Thinking of you Patti Rada
Maureen Just wanted to let you know that we think about you and pray for you daily. I regularly look here for updates, so thanks for your postings.
Keep up the good fight.
May God bless you and your family.
Patti


Namaste Meredith Wilcke







Thinking of you today!! Lisa Lavely
I just wanted to let you know that you have really been on my mind all morning - I sure do miss you!! It is so great to hear that you are doing well & to know that you are getting closer to your graduation every day.
Much love to you!! Lisa


Hi Maureen! Kathy Miller
We loved reading your last update and hearing that you're feeling stronger! That is awesome. Your next treatment is scheduled on Grandpa Delos's birthday, and I am sure he will be there with you, extolling the benefits of drugs!! If he only knew how much progress has been made over the last 35 years! We are back in Florida today, thinking of you and praying for you. Much love to you all! Kathy


Hooray!!! Charlene Rex
Maureen, your last two messages were such good news - Hooray!! Good riddance to the "tube", and how terrific that you have more energy (and even tackled the Mall? -- on my best days, that's a challenge for me!). You are definitely on the right track -- keep up the great work!!! We are thinking of you, as always, and holding good thoughts that this next chemo session won't be difficult. Much love, Charlene and Bill.


CONTINUED PRAYERS FOR COLORADO! Judy Kludt
Maureen, Mike and boys:
We have been reading your updates and continuing our prayers for you all! We can't imagine how much of a struggle this all is and with the uncertainly in length and strength of chemo treatments, etc. we are with you in spirit and prayers.
We are so glad your sister has been there recently (Alice I think it was). Sisters are certainly direct gifts from GOD, so much love and dedication and TLC. We know that you have your wonderful Mike and the boys too - which is your daily fix from your immediate family.
Take care and love and prayers to you all!
Paul & Judy Kludt and family


Happy Valentines Day! Mary Permoda
Happy Valentines Day Maureen - you must know how much you are loved!!! Your posting made me smile because you sounded so good. May God continue to heal you!


Maureen - It's Tuesday Joan Lentner
You made it through Valentine's Day and now it's on to St. Patrick's Day...I'm sure you will be up for a couple of green beers by then. In the meantime we are all excited that you have gotten through another of the tough chemo treatments. What a mental & physical struggle they have to be...so that's why you have so many people sending love your way and praying our hearts out for you. God IS blessing you in some wonderful ways. Hang in there.
Joan , LH - MPLS


Lots of Prayers Carole Lee Randall
Hi Maureen
Wanted you to know that my Thursday prayer group in Mn. continues to pray for you each week...even when we are down here in Arizona. It is a privilege to read your updates and follow your journey. You are amazing.Also want you to know that your incredible husband did a fantastic job last Sunday in front of thousands at the Phoenix Symphony Hall prior to the ballet, Don Quixote. You would have been very proud to have seen him. (He claims the spotlights were so bright that he couldn't read his notes...but we know he never needs notes!) Our prayers will continue for your complete recovery!
Carole Lee Randall


Love from cold South Dakota... Jeanne Hassel
So glad to hear you are feeling better. We were gone for a few days... trip to Florida... boy is that Sun and Green wonderful - the ocean never ceases to amaze me... I stand in awe!
Way to go Maureen! Your strength and faith never waiver - we love you and are so proud of you! Miss you!
Jeanne, Greg, Claire, Anna, and Maria

No comments: