Saturday, April 26, 2008

February 11, 2008

Today was day 7 of chemo treatment 5. It is apparent by how well I feel that this recent dose was definitely lighter. I’m not nearly as fatigued or nauseous this time. My sister Alice arrived on Friday, just in time to escape the sub-zero Midwest temperatures. We spent the weekend basking in the warm weather and catching up on each other’s lives.

Tomorrow morning (Tues) the drain will be removed from my abdomen. In no time I should be able to sleep in my old favorite positions, wear my skinny jeans, and give my husband the big BEAR HUGS he so much deserves. It reminds me of how many simple things in life I took for granted. I can’t wait....until I can jog in the park with our dog, Telluride, ...until food tastes normal, ...until I have a bad hair day. We don’t realize what we have until its been taken away.

During this Lent season, can you imagine yourself without your everyday conveniences and comforts? When I do, I feel that much closer to Jesus. In many ways, I am grateful for this awakening experience.


Great Update Terrie Jorgensen
Maureen - I'm so glad that you're feeling better faster after this chemo treatment and that darn drain will be out soon. I love the graduation idea. We (Dick, too) will definitely have a toast to you when it is graduation day. When you give Mike that big bear hug, give him one from me too! Love, Terrie


Happy Heart's Day !!!!!!!!!! Kathi and Pat Rile
Valentine's Day focuses us on Love and connection ! You are the true cupid as you share with us your journal of faith and your positive attitude.
You have a gift, Maureen, in your writing and we encourage you to keep on journaling as you walk through your experience. You are a gift to all of us !!
Love, Kathi and Pat


Mighty Maureen Judy Rex
Dearest Maureen - One more down! As we're dealing with Mike's knee injury we can't help but reflect on your incredible strength and faith in the face of adversity. You are such an inspiration to us. Such great news - enjoy celebrating in the AZ sunshine!
Love,
Mike and Judy


Thanks for reminding us what's important this holiday season! Cathy Edwards
We always enjoy your updates, but to be honest we prefer the good news!! Your note today really touched us. What an amazing role model you are (and teacher like our Jesus!) I think I'm gonna go give my husband a "bear hug" ;=) God bless you in your recovery!! The Edwards


hello from North Pole Wyoming Marsha Oakes
Glad to hear all is improving, and graduation is to be soon. As always you are in our thoughts and prayers. Don't get too wrapped up in the books like I have, and forget to see all the beauty around us. Hope it isn't as windy there as here, a light breeze of 45 MPH, if the wind ever stops we will slide right off the map. Blessed New Year to you and yor family. Love, Marsha and Steve


GOOD NEWS CAN DO WONDERS !!!! Patti Herf
hOW NICE FOR YOU TO HAVE YOUR SISTER , Alice, come for a visit !!! WE ARE SO HAPPY THAT YOU ARE TAKING SUCH POSITIVE TURNS !!! charlie and i hope to see you soon ! hugs, patti


You're coming back! Terry Casey
My dearest Maureen:it's so great to hear that you're getting closer to that bear hug! One of these days I'm going to show up for one myself! We got up to a beautiful white covering on our brown hills and with our view from our bedroom of the frozen Missouri in our backyard and the hill behind, was elegant even at a chill 4 degrees. Anyway, hang in there,between prayer and modern medicine,you will win this war one battle at a time. We had Mass here at St James just this morning! We love you so much!!! Terry


Sunny Day Colleen Gillespie
Hi Maureen!
Thanks for the update. We're so happy to hear the good news and glad you are feeling better this time around. You'll have to let us know how it feels to sleep well again! Thanks for all of your inspiring updates. I admire your positivity. Hope you enjoy your time with Alice!
Love you,
Colleen

No comments: