Saturday, April 26, 2008

April 15, 2008

Lord, You spread Your love over me and taught me not to fear. You quieted me, You healed me.

My blood results are in. Yes, the news we have all been praying for has arrived! My tumor count has dropped to 32, into the normal range (below 35). The end of chemo treatment is in sight. I am crying tears of joy, nonstop.

I will proceed with my scheduled chemo treatment tomorrow (Wed), and I hope to find out from my doctor when the schedule will end. I also hope to find out how my ongoing health-check schedule will work. I can finally start planning some things in my life! I have new dreams and goals; enough to fill a lifetime.

I had a wonderful surprise last week. My sister Liz arranged to bring my mother (see picture), Jeanne Green, to Scottsdale for a short visit. I cannot describe the depths of my joy in seeing my mother for the first time in over a year! And to feel the loving touch of her hands. My brother Larry and his son Paul were also visiting (see the other picture posted). We had a wonderful gathering Saturday night; we cooked, we prayed, we shared the meal. They witnessed how I am healing, giving them more peace of mind.

Thank you all so very much. The power of your prayer has been enormous! Family, friends, brothers, sisters, your caring words calmed me. Your encouragement gave me hope.

I love you all,
Maureen




Great News Sheila Scola
Hi Maureen,
That is great news. We are glad to see you healing and looking forward to a long, happy, healthy life! Take care, and know we will
continue to pray for you and the entire Casey family.
Love,
John, Sheila, Erin, Shannon, and Sean Scola


Wonderful news. Mike Lee
Maureen,
How sweet this news is. To see prayers being answered is a blessing. I am glad that your family has been there for you and your family here awaits your return. When you were here last week I marveled at how good you looked. Congratulations!
Mike Lee


Prayers of Gratitude Mary Permoda
Maureen,
that is great news!!! your faith, courage, will and prayers will continue to carry you!!! I share in your joy!!!


Wu-hew! :) Denise McClain
Hi Maureen!
I was so happy to read your posting about your count continuing to get lower! YAY!!! You continue to be in my family's prayers. God's healing power is so awesome! (By the way, I LOVE your little hair coming in....you continue to look fabulous!)
Big hugs to you...
-Denise McClain (Lowry Hill) :)


Wahoo! Keith Baum
That's the best news I've heard in a long time! Congratulations and keep up the great work and positive momentum!


Strength of Body, Mind, and Soul Will Persevere Trevor Sears
It was good to see Maureen today looking so strong and in good spirits. We never had any doubt. We are all very proud of her. She sets the example for courage and perseverance.


Rejoice!!!!!! Barb Glanville
We are crying and dancing....what wonderful news. We celebrate your outstanding news and send much love. What a family you have....hooray. Love, Peter and Barb


HALLELUJAH!!!! Charlene Rex
WONDERFUL NEWS!!! Just what we all wanted to hear! We are SO happy for you, your family, and all of us who are connected to you! We can only imagine your HUGE sense of renewal and rejevenation! We are rejoicing with you, hugging you from afar, and smiling so big surely you can see our pearly whites from where you are! We can certainly feel YOUR glow -- icing on the cake was seeing the wonderful pictures of you with your mother, brother, and nephew!
Love, Charlene and Bill


Praise the Lord!!! Mike Vance
Awesome news!! Faith can do wonders.


Thank YOU! Lisa Lavely
Thank you so much for fighting so hard Maureen! Your strength and faith in God have brought this wonderful news for all of us today. You are so wonderful & it is time to get started on all those new goals and hopes and dreams.
Much Love to you my friend!!


Hallelujah! Erin Anderson
Maureen, I am also crying tears of joy for you! God has been so good to our family. Your battle has been so courageous and inspirational!
On a lighter note, I've never seen you look more beautiful - you may want to think about keeping that hairstyle!
Love you SO much,
Erin


Hooray! Meredith Wilcke
We love you Maureen!


Yes!!!!! Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!!!!! Jeanne Hassel
God is good! Prayers are answered! Wish we could dance with you in celebration! We danced and cried here to celebrate!
Loved that your Mom was there to visit... how true - nothing better than a Mom's hands to calm and heal...
Love you Maureen!!!!!!!
Jeanne, Greg, Claire, Anna and Maria Hassel


bring on the butterflies! Nancy Gordon
OMG! First i got butterflies and then tears. I am sooo happy. I don't even know what to say it is such overwhelming wonderful news. God is so good. I will be thanking him every day.
HUGGS!
nancy


Congratulations Charlie Herf
Maureen
We are delighted for you. What else can be said. Hang in there as you are a true inspiration for all of us.
Patti and Charlie


Rock On! Erin Devitt
Maureen, congrats! I'm extremely happy for you! This is very exciting and expect to see you soon!
~Erin Devitt


XOXO Mary Sueper
Maureen- I have tears of joy running down my cheeks! I am so happy for you. Your strength and unending faith have brought you through to this wonderful day! God is good!
Love, Mary Beth


Let's start planning for the Telluride Trip! Pat Hennesy
Maureen and Mike - I cannot tell you how thrilled we are! We met Jim Silhasek last Thursday night and he told us he had just seen you and that you looked great. Maureen, I told everyone at the table you would beat this stuff and you have!!!
Please keep us updated on what you find out tomorrow! I'm so happy for you words aren't even enough.
Let us know when your grandbaby is due and if that will impact our Telluride trip - yes, just like we said at the very beginning, we will have our Telluride trip next year. Let's start looking at the calendar, keeping grandbaby in mind, of course!!!
You have reminded us all how fragile life is. Thank you.
All our love,
Kathy and Pat


{{{Maureen and all of the Caseys}}} Joan Buckley
{these things are cyberhugs}
Tears of joy are streaming down my face - Alleluia! Thank you, Jesus, for this glorious healing!
Thank you for sharing your journey with us, Maureen. God bless you!


'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not Protect you.'
Katie Braun

Maureen and Mike,
I have read your care pages faithfully. I celebrate in your victories along with all those who love you. I also pray when things are not going good. I know the roller coaster ride you are on. How wonderful it is to see the end of treatment. Oh, and most importantly, the arrival of your 1st grand baby!!. This is a quote is read that I think says it all. “In the end, I come back to the way I looked at cancer the first time. It's just something that happened to me. It's not who I am. But the things I have learned from it? They have become a huge part of who I am, and for that I'm grateful, as strange as that may sound. Having cancer does change you. It changes everything, but not always for the worst.”
God bless,
Katie Braun


Great news! Yolanda Munguia
Well you did it!!! Your strength is amazing. You made my day Maureen!!!
Love always


Maureen, what happy happy news !!!!!!!!! Patti Herf
YES, A RESOUNDING CHORUS OF THANK YOU GOD !!! what wonderful news to receive today about all of your good health reports !!! WE COULDN'T BE HAPPIER FOR YOU AND MIKE AND THE KIDS !!! you are always in our prayers and thoughts and keep the good news coming !!! HUGS, PATTI


F A N T A S T I C N E W S Elaine DuBois-Karr
My heart lept for JOY when I read your update this evening. May the Lord continue to bless you and your loving family.
Love you!
Elaine


Conga line!!! Kathy Miller
Duh duh duh duh duh-DUH! Doin' the conga here! Dancin', singin' and praising God! Thanks so much for sharing the good news! And your Mom is there! How simply wonderful is that?! God bless you all! Kathy


WOO HOO!!!!! Judy Rex
Maureen - I am alternating between tears and giggles!!! You are Wonder Woman (soon to be Wonder Grandma!). There is no news I would have rather received today than yours. How very special to have your mom and sister visit. Life is good!
XO,
Judy


Congratulations Maureen! Sara Troupe
Thank you Maureen! This is the news we've all been waiting for! You are truly an inspiration to us all. It's time for celebration! Love, Sara


You're Beautiful! Molly Casey
Thanks for posting the pictures...you look so happy and beautiful! I'm so glad your mom was able to make it down for a visit (along with your siblings). How special. We all love you so much. Congratulations on the wonderful results!
Love,
Molly


Wow...Oh Happy Day Maureen!! Joan Lentner
God truly is loving and compassionate. He has given you the gift of gifts...those good cancer results. So now there truly is life after cancer. It's funny how you never take the small things in life for granted anymore. I am thrilled at your good news. But that doesn't mean that the prayers won't continue, because that is my spiritual gift to you - prayers to keep that cancer away.
Your email and your testimony of faith and belief in God made my day. Now I have to work harder too.
Congratulations my friend! I can see a celebration of life...maybe a special dinner w/a drink. :)
Joan -
LH Mpls


Happy Day! Lorrae Lindquist
What wonderful news to wake up to this morning! We are so happy for you, Maureen, as well as the entire Casey/Green family. Thanks be to God.
Bill and Lorrae


I'm so happy right now! Anita Solberg Johansen
This is great news Maureen!
And how good it is to see "grandma Green" again. She looks as young as she did back in 92 :-D
Love always, Anita


Thank You Lord !!!!!!!!! Kathi and Pat Rile
God is so good ! We thank Him for surrounding you with His love, family and friends ! The power of prayer shows once again how much He loves us !!!!!!!!!!! It is obvious He is the true treasure in your heart ! God bless all of you !
Peace, Kathi and Pat


Still smiling for and with you Maureen Joan Lentner
I won't be in the office tomorrow so I figured I better shoot a quick email off to you to keep encouraging you that there will be more good reports. God listens to all of our prayers so that's why I'm sure he has some special plans for you. But you beat the odds...you are a survivor who has climbed that very tall mountain and have reached the top. Tough journey that you want left in the past that's for sure. You did it!
I will continue to storm the heavens with prayers of gratitude and lifting you high for those continued results.
Celebrate Maureen...YOU DESERVE IT!!
Sending lots of Happy Love your way.
Joan
LH-Mpls


Wonderful News! Clint Gibson
Maureen - Judy and I are absolutely thrilled and thankful about your great news about your test and that the end of chemo is in sight.
Love from both of us.
Clint


No comments: