Saturday, April 26, 2008

April 18, 2008

Last Wednesday’s chemo visit was a happy one. My weight is up an additional 4 lbs. I’m now at 103. The nurses were happy to share the good tumor count news again. My schedule will continue as is, until I’ve completed a full 6 cycles. If there are no delays, God willing, I should be finished with treatments at the end of June.

My prayers, of course, are for the tumor counts to stay in the normal range. With Ovarian cancer, it is common for reoccurrence to take place within 5 years, so I will do my best to fend it off. My plan is to eat right, consuming foods and beverages that cancer does not thrive on. I will do my best to eliminate eating foods containing preservatives and pesticides. In July, I plan to begin a gentle physical therapy routine, working my muscles back into shape. I am still handicapped with memory loss, but that is temporary as the chemo drugs work their way out of my system. My next chemo treatment is Wednesday, April 23rd. It should be uneventful, and I am actually looking forward to plugging through the remainder of my cycles.

A very dear friend, Lisa Lavely, has organized a team for the upcoming “Relay For Life” walkathon for the American Cancer Society. Team “Discount Tire” will be walking April 26th and 27th to raise money for cancer research and programs. The team is up to 40 members, now! Thank you, Lisa, and go team!! Their team page can be found at the link below. You will need to cut/paste it into the Address of your browser:
http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RelayForLifeGreatWestDivision?team_id=197246&pg=team&fr_id=6198&et=vdnuLsW1OdVpUuDwArQRGg..&s_tafId=104098

In previous postings I failed to mention a few things. Our newlyweds (Joe and Katie Casey) are permanently returning from Japan in August, and are expecting Baby Casey in November. And my mother, Jeanne Green, is 85 years old (quite a courageous trip to Scottsdale last week at her age). Most remarkably, she is a “two-time” cancer survivor (Ovarian and Colon). She has taught me the richness of faith, and she is the purest example of unconditional love that I know. I love you, mother.

And I love all of you!
Maureen





Hooray!!! Suzanne Rex
As I'm sure you know yourself, there are not enough words to express the excitement and joy over your wonderful health success!! :) :) :) Smiles and hugs all around! xoxo.


More great news! John Dumez
Hi Maureen, I just read your posting and tears are welling up in my eyes. I am so happy for you. I've never seen such an outpouring of love. You are truly a remarkable and loved person. I admire you and always will for your remarkable strength and faith. What a beautiful picture of you and your mom. It was so nice to see you last week. You're always in my thoughts and prayers. See you soon!
John


Best News Ever! Terrie Jorgensen
Maureen - This is the best news ever! Our prayers have been working and we are thrilled for your recovery. I love the picture of you and your mother - looking at the 2 of you, you can see the strength and love that you share. This latest update has made my day! Love, Terrie


Great News Carole Lee Randall
Hi Maureen
Such wonderful reports! My Thursday morning renewal group has been praying for you since Novemeber. We meet at my house this week and I will be able to give them your terrific news.
Carole Lee Randall (and the Colonial Church ladies in Edina!)



You are beautiful! Jeanne Hassel
Keep going Maureen!!!! Love to hear all the great news... I heard Mike tell Mom what a wonderful thing it is to have you working in the backyard again... the yard I'm sure is beginning to thrive under your care!!!!!
We love you!!!
Jeanne, Greg, Claire, Anna and Maria


The news we were sure we would hear! Elizabeth Crow
We are all so happy to hear of your progress, but expected it to be so! Sara called me to see if I'd heard of your update - you have so many people on "your" team. Continued prayers for recovery from the treatments!


A WONDERFUL TRIBUTE TO YOUR SWEET MOTHER !!!! Patti Herf
Maureen, your mother proves you have the "survivor" gene !! great work !!! you and i are both fortunate to have had wonderful mothers who demonstrated the unconditional love characteristic !! There is nothing more powerful that we can give our children than that.. it empowers them for the tough times they will encounter... you stay strong and know that we are still keeping you in our prayers and always will !!! Did i tell you that i am going to walk the Breast Cancer 3 Day again?? i'm going to Crew the 3 Day here in Arizona in November and then walk the 3 Day in San Diego with Allison...this is Allison's 3rd time to walk the 3 Day !!! i'm so proud of her committment to raising money for research and awareness regarding Breast Cancer...it extends to all types of cancer in so many ways...hugs, patti


Celebrating Maureen on this Monday! Joan Lentner
Just think...you are so close to being done with chemo. It will be here before you know it. Just know that I will always keep you in prayer even after you are done with chemo. We are going to keep you healthy. I was going to email you at the end of last week but I had computer issues and since I don't have a computer at home I really felt bad. I want to continually keep pumping you up with the positive energies. Spring and summer are here and they are times of new beginnings after the long winters...your new journey of being cancer free is also beginning. I am so happy that you are doing so good, I just want to give you a great big hug...so feel my bear hug all the way from Minnesota. I am smiling as I write this note because I am so very happy for you. Wishing you a Monday to remember which is filled with God's Blessings.
Joan -
LH Mpls


Beer in hand! Kathy Miller
Hi Caseys! Meredith just left to go back home with the kids, and I am opening a beer. I'm going to hold it up high and toast the two of you! I hope you are continuing to feel stronger, Maureen, because we all want you to be able to come down to Florida soon for some beach time. Thinking of you always...and prayers always! Lots of love, Kathy


Thinking of You Elaine DuBois-Karr
Bob and I went to Rocky Point for a long weekend and you were on my mind. The sunsets over the ocean were just so beautiful. I would wake up in the night and the full moon reflected on the ocean so brighly that it seemed like day. God has crafted a beautiful world made even more special by you being in it. Good luck with this round of chemo, you will be in my heart and prayers.
Love,
Elaine


Wonderful Example Linda & Max Selig
What a wonderful example of courage and faith your mother is. To think she survived the same diagnosis must give you great hope for the future. She is a living example that it can be done. No wonder your spirits soar when she is around. I lost my mother to uterine cancer. She lived to 84, however, and I thank God for each day she was with me. Good luck with those last treatments. Lin Selig


Maureen - Mondays are Wonderful! Joan Lentner
They are for you now that you have such positive news in your life. Your update was so refreshing and filled with tons of hope. There is always "Hope" in all situations. I still smile when I read your updates because I know that God has answered our prayers in such positive ways. That doesn't mean we can slack off with the prayers, but we can rejoice with you and thank God often. Again, my sincere congratulations on your wonderful news. Feel the hug I am sending you. Wishing only the best of days this week...each one getting better and better for you.
Joan -
LH Mpls

No comments: