Wednesday, June 11, 2008

May 20, 2008

Our visitor for a few days last week was Larry Hartog, a friend from college days (pictured on the left). He introduced Mike and I at the “Copper Dollar” bar, and he can take credit for an “assist” on our 25+ years of marriage. He had a little more hair back then, but so did I! We had a wonderful time reminiscing and catching up on our lives of today.

My appointment for the PET Scan is next Tuesday, but won’t see the results until we meet with the doctor on Wednesday, June 4. Until then, I can enjoy a short window of feeling better, not having chemo for a few weeks.

The paragraph below I find quite meaningful. I don’t remember where I picked this up, so admit I am guilty of plagiarism. Whoever wrote it, way to go!

“There is no pain, no loss, no disappointment, no ending, that can escape God's
touch and ability to transform. There is no part of our lives, or the world's,
that we need be afraid to look at, no matter how dark and scary. For in Christ,
we can find hope and new life. Only a God of glory could accomplish that!
God's glory isn't in the pain, as much as in what God can do to bring life out
of pain and death---the way God did in Christ.”

Summer is here! Be safe, and enjoy!
Maureen




Hi Maureen Joan Lentner
I took a walk on my lunch break today and spent a few minutes at church. I sat by the Blessed Virgin and lifted you up for all that you may need today. Tomorrow I will pray for Wednesday's needs.
Wishing you a great day!
Joan -
LH Mpls


Maureen Joan Lentner
Every day I think of you and wonder what kind of a day you are going to have. I then of course pray that it will be a really good one. I know that you are apprehensive with the upcoming tests in June...it's o.k. to be unsure because we are human. God does understand our concerns. Trust me I have had many, many days dealing with the ups and downs frame of mind. In the end it does work out and along the way there were many people praying to get us through those unsure moments. So you can be apprehensive and we will continue with the prayers. I sure don't have the answers, but I am assured more and more of the power of prayer. And so for the current moments...you are loved a lot and God is and will continue to carry you thru those unsure moments.
You are Special Maureen!! Time for that great big smile :) break. A nice cold Pepsi would probably put a smile on your face to...does the trick for me.
Joan -
LH Mpls


Miss You Catherine Billion
I lit a candle for you today in Mass and am continuing to intercede to our Lord for your cure and asking our Mother and Blessed Francis Xavier Seelos and all the saints to intercede on your behalf. God's will be done in all things. Thank you for the lovely pictures; it gives much encouragement to visually see your smiling face. Have a great weekend.
I love you, Catherine


Maureen - The Blessings of another day! Joan Lentner
The long weekend is fast approaching and I am looking forward to it. I will be taking Friday off and will be driving up North to spend time with my elderly parents. They have lots of little things that need to be taken care of and it's always precious time spent with them. Good and refreshing for my mind and spirits to.
I pray that this will be a weekend of peacefullness and calmness in your life. I know what it's like to anticipate upcoming tests. You try not to worry, but in the back of your mind that day keeps coming up. So until your test results/consultation happen we will be praying for joy, happiness, calmness, peacefullness and the great gift of "hope" as you celebrate another day of life. Of course, we all need to slow down and experience the same thing.
I will do the praying and God will do the blessing...so feel all of those great blessings that will be coming your way.
Enjoy the upcoming Memorial Day weekend.
Joan -
LH Mpls


Keep "just missing" you at church! Joan Buckley
Hi Maureen,
I keep getting the reports of "I saw Maureen at church" from Dave Stoller on Mondays at school. It is my new challenge to actually choose the RIGHT mass time so that I can report a "Maureen sighting" to Dave!
I have been keeping you in my daily decade of rosary prayers, the one that I say with my kinderkids. Today was my favorite of decade of the Glorious Mysteries (okay, I want to explain to everyone else reading that in Kindergarten, we don't follow the actual rotation of the different mysteries...we just work on the most liturgically connected one at the time.)
Anyways, today's scriptural verses between the beads was telling us about Pentecost - and when we get to the part about the Holy Spirit descending upon the followers like a loud wind...well, those kinderkids really make a great wind noise and then put their forefingers up on their heads for the flame!
So, I was thinking of you today and I continued to envision the Holy Spirit surrounding you and filling you up to the top. When you read this, you might just want to put your forefinger up, too!
My prayers continue for you and your family,
the other Joan
Joan B.


Hey Maureen! Ryan Casey
Spring is here in DC...which also means lots of rain lately! The big news here is that Erin is getting a puppy in a few weeks, a Shiba Inu just like Bode, so he'll have a little brother! Something tells me he won't be too thrilled at first, but he'll have to get used to it.
Other than that, the thing we're most looking forward to next is a trip to Orlando in June. Courtney has to go for work, and Steve and the boys are flying out to join her afterwards. I talked Molly into getting a ticket, and Erin and I are going to drive down. So it should be one big group of fun!
Mike says you're trying to stay busy, so good luck with that! I don't seem to have to try very hard at that lately!
God Bless,
Ryan


Watch out world... Anna Hassel's driving.... Jeanne Hassel
Sorry it has been awhile since we have posted a message... School is out in SD, but summer school has begun. Claire is getting a PE class out of the way this summer so she won't have to take and be sweaty during school (this is so Claire). Anna on the other hand is taking drivers ed... she will take the test tomorrow... She insists that the teachers, whom she will be driving with, are telling her to drive as much as possible before driving with them... Sooooo, more gray hair at the Hassel house. She is actually quite good... all that illegal driving while hunting on farmland with Greg has helped!
We continue to pray for you Maureen. Each morning when I wake and before I fall asleep you are in my prayers. Your beauty comes through each update Maureen. You are loved!
God's Peace,
Jeanne, Greg, Claire, Anna and Maria


Tuesday - a day filled with Blessings for you Maureen Joan Lentner
We are starting another new day and I will be praying that God has lots of healing blessings coming your way.
Spent the long weekend with the folks and it was so good to be with them. My dad is 86 and doing very well...he thinks he should be able to do so much more - can't accept that he might have a few aches and pains because he is just a little older. My sisters and I always put in flowers for my mother so she can enjoy them all summer/fall long. I came back to Mpls and my sister helped me put my flowers in...now the mission will be to keep the hungry rabbits from getting the little plants. Made it 2 days.
As you face the day know that God is and will be giving you all that you need...just for today. I will be going to church at noon and I will be praying for you throughout the day. So that means you can slack off and enjoy Tuesday.
Joan -
LH Mpls


Recent visit Patti Hartog
Maureen...had the best time visiting with you and Mike, thanks for the "western" hospitality...I continue to think of the 2 of you and continue my prayers for you and for Mike...obviously I wish I could do more..although... the hair comment (although it is true) is borderline insensitive (when you've been as hair challenged as I have been for the last several years, you develop some sensitivity to the issue..) hope today was a good one! All the best...Larry


Our prayers continue from Colorado Judy Kludt
Maureen, We continue to send our prayers your way.
I have been out of touch as I spent all last week in the hospital at the bedside of Korbin (our son). He was in a motorcycle accident, he laid the bike down in Deer Creek Canyon last Sunday. We got his call at 9:30 PM - so its been lots of TLC and more prayers, tears and thanking God that he was spared. We are all very grateful. Injuries: 3 broken bones in his face, shattered bones in his right hand - but all in all the Lord, the angels, etc. were watching out for him from above.
You keep up your positive attitude Maureen and we'll keep up the positive thoughts and prayers.
LOVE, from the Kludt family (Paul & Judy)


Hi Maureen! Kathy Miller
Thanks so much for the update, Maureen. We really look forward to hearing from you, and know you are constantly in our thoughts and prayers. I sure wish we didn't live so far away from you. I feel like I don't do enough for you and Mike and family. We love you all so dearly. We spent an overnight at the beach last night, and today the wind was blowing so hard that the waves came up and of course, who shows up but the surfer dude of the family...Kevin. He had Ben and Jack in tow, and they all hit the waves. The little boys have boogie boards, and the current carried them down the beach so fast. They were having a good time. I'm sure they'll sleep really good tonight! When you finish your treatments, we hope you all can come to Florida and chill at the beach condo. Thinking of you and loving you....Kathy


Thinking of You Clint Gibson
Have a good holiday weekend. Our thoughts are with you always. Look forward to hearing good update news in June.
Love from Judy and me,
Clint


PRAYERS CONTINUE FROM COLORADO! Judy Kludt
Maureen, Mike and family. Our prayers continue for your all from our family to yours. As sister, Sharon Casey, says - lives change all the time. We are fortunate that Korbin (our son) is recovering from his motorcycle accident. He is on the mend and once again back home. We feel very blessed and thanks to all that have sent their prayers our way.
Take care and we are thinking positive thoughts for you. Paul & Judy and family.


Steve and Kathy sending hugs! Kathy Miller
Hi Maureen! Steve and I flew out to Utah on Wednesday. We're closer to you, but not close enough. So I will send you a cyber hug!!! MMMMMMMMM!!!! I sure wish I could hug you in person. And stop over with a pie or something. You are in our prayers...of course! We love you. Kathy


Maureen Joan Lentner
I read this last night and found it comforting, "What great humility it takes to say, "Thy will, not mine." Most of us have spiritual cataracts when it comes to seeing what we need to live as God desires, as opposed to what we want for our earthly lives. I recently heard a song that went, "How can I further the work of your kingdom when I'm so wrapped up in my own?" Sadly, we may miss the fact that we are always given exactly what we need. Spend some quiet moments today thinking about a time when you wanted something so badly that you begged God to hear your pleas, but you didn't receive what you wanted.; Think about the way your life unfolded instead. Was it not filled with blessings you never could have imagined? Exactly what you needed? Gracious God, help us to ask rightly and humbly and not to miss your untold gifts to us by focusing on what we did not receive.

I know that once we encounter cancer (such a wake up call in our life) we try to be really focused on our blessings...and I know you are just by reading your updates. It doesn't make your earthly trial right now easier, but it sure is reassuring that we are not walking alone.
May you know and experience all of the blessings God is sending you today. We will do the praying and you get well. What a mission, eh?
Have a great weekend!
Joan -
LH Mpls


Prayers from Mom and Dad Terry Casey
It is a beautiful spring day and we attended Mass for Auntie Lois today. Our special prayers and thoughts are with you today as you search for answers and information. Judy K. was their and sends her love and prayers. We had a great Memorial Day week-end with Hassels visiting, fishing, boating and a jivin band on the Deck for dinner. Terry, Christian and I were kept hopping with tourists as we kick off the summer season. All went well. We have a fine team of help and they seem to be reliable and enthusiastic. Yeah!!!
Love you much, Mom and Dad Casey

No comments: