Saturday, April 26, 2008

March 12, 2008

Rejoice in the Lord, for He is good! The biopsy results showed no cancer cells!!! Our prayers were answered, yet again. Now I know what agony one goes through when they find a lump, and have to wait for results. Absolute Hell!

I unexpectedly received chemo yesterday (the nurse had an open chair, so I took it). "Plan B" will be treatments every 2 weeks, provided my blood counts allow it. If the cancer responds to these new drugs, and once the CA125 tumor count result is normal (below 35), I will finish up with either 4 or 6 more treatments. If we stay on this track, I should be finished by the end of the summer (that includes a few weeks of delay).

I will know results from the next CA125 test on March 25th, and the next treatment is scheduled for March 26th.

Good things are in the works! Praise God and Virgin Mary, who watch over us.

My everlasting thanks for all your prayers.
Maureen


congratulations Tom Sadvary
Maureen,
What fantastic news! You and family are in our prayers. PLease let us know how we can help you in your courageous journey.


Greetings from Norway Anita Solberg Johansen
I miss you Maureen and wish I could have been there. I am so amazed how strong you are – and what a positive attitude! You are truly an inspiration to me.
We are finally seeing the first signs of spring – yes it’s like Minnesota with a tough winter behind us. William and Victor are getting so big (at least I think so) William just turned 4 and Victor is now 1 ½ years old. And they argue over the smallest thing –you would be amazed.
I have been a stay at home mum for years now (working in between the two pregnancies). But I have now started working part time. I like spending time with the boys, even if they sometimes drive their mum crazy :-) I guess I will go back to fulltime this fall.
We are going to my parents house for Easter. I don’t get to see them too often so I’m looking forward to it. My dad just turned 60 yesterday and we will celebrate him when we get home.
Si hi to JP, Connor, Joe & Mike. Miss you all.
Love you, klem Anita


WOW! Mary Permoda
Maureen that is great news!!! keep that positive attitude - God is good.......prayers as always....


I AM SO THRILLED FOR YOU MAUREEN! :) Deb Keenan
I can't tell you how many times I check my email for a new update and carry you in my thoughts and prayers. Those of us who have walked through any type of cancer with a loved one know the agony of "waiting". In those times "time" seems to stand still. The reward comes in the wonderful news you received! I believe that God is hearing every prayer for your healing...that your counts will continue to drop and that your complete recovery is near. May you stay strong and continue your courageous battle. You are an inspiration to me.


Great News!!! Lisa Lavely
Yeah Maureen!!!
Thank you so much for keeping us all informed - we have been praying for this good news. We will keep praying for more too!!
Love,
Lisa, Tom, Cameron & Madison


Congratulations Charlie Herf
Patti and I congratulate you as an inspirational fighter , think of you often and you are in our daily prayers ! Keep up the battle and you will succeed. You remain our hero.
Charlie


Wonderful! Kerry Milligan
Such good news on the biopsy Maureen. We are thrilled for you.
Kerry Milligan


Casey's in Michigan give PRAISE! Collin Casey
Wow, Maureen & Mike, such great news! We are so happy and wish you all the best in your continued treatments. Now we can really enjoy that GREEN beer this coming St Patrick's Day! We Love and Miss you, so very Much!!! Tracy, Collin & the boys : )


Great News!!! John Dumez
Hi Maureen, What great news! You are such an inspiration. I miss seeing you everyday (and your wonderfull homemade dinner left overs and our great conversations...you always have a way of keeping me in line!!) Just wanted to let you know that I think about you everyday and you are in my thoughts and prayers daily. I'm sending you Loving Healing energy right now and always!!
See you soon, John


WONDERFUL NEWS Barb Glanville
All we can say is PRAISE GOD We are thrilled by your news and will continue love and prayers....Peter and Barb


Absolutely Wonderful News Maureen Cynthia Neuman
What wonderful news. I think of you all the time and never finish a pray to the lord that doesn't include you my dear friend. My heart is singing with praise to the lord right now. Take Care, Stay Strong. Would love to come up and see you some time. I will call soon and maybe we can arrange something.



Hooray!!!! Charlene Rex
Maureen, that is such WONDERFUL news!!! We're rejoicing with you!!!
(Guess all those visual whacks with the golf clubs did their job!)
Big hugs, and much love, to you and all your family!
Charlene and Bill


WORDS CANNOT EXPRESS MY HAPPINESS FOR YOU TODAY !!! Patti Herf
Maureen, i truly could not be happier for these good results today !!!! yes, prayers do work and God does listen !!! KNOW THAT WE CONTINUE TO KEEP YOU AT THE TOP OF OUR LIST !!! love , patti & charlie


GOD IS SO GOOD!!!!!! Debbie Klimes
Continued prayers and much congrats on the good news! All our love and blessings to you. Hang in there. Love ya! The Klimes Family


Brava! Brava! Diva!!!! Kathy Miller
If you were here, I would give you a standing ovation! What a wonderful team of Doctors you are blessed with! We are just in awe of you, Maureen, and your strength to fight this! Many prayers and thoughts are headed your way daily, and know you are a hero to all of us. The mugs of green beer will be held high in your honor on St. Pat's Day! Hugs to you, Mike and the whole family! Even Telly! Love, Aunt Kathy and Uncle Steve


God and chemo Mary jo Christensen
Wonderful news. We are so happy for you. God and chemo work in mysterious ways. You are wished strength for the next rounds. And some celebrating and fun in between. Love David and Mary Jo


Fantastic News Tom Helland
Maureen and Mike,
That's great news, at this rate we will be on the golf course soon!
Your always in our thoughts and prayers.
Tom and Mary Helland


Y I P E E Elaine DuBois-Karr
Wow what fantastic news!!! I am so happy for you and your family. Praise God!!!!



Yahoo! Praise God! Joan Buckley
Oh, this is joyous news, Maureen! Thank you for sharing it!


So happy to hear the good news! Nancy McFarland
Maureen, that is wonderful news. I do believe in the power of prayer and you will continue to be in our daily prayers. We miss you guys and need to make a trip up to Scottsdale. We are only 60 miles away. If you want to take a road trip, come visit us in Casa Grande. You are always welcome. Tell Mike hello and thank you for your updates. God Bless!
Love,
Nancy McFarland


Congratulations! Mary Grogan
What great news. We are so happy for you and share in your joy! We are keeping you in our lenten prayers. Love, the Grogans


Woohoo!!! Judy Rex
What fabulous news Maureen! Can't imagine how hard that waiting had to be, bless your heart. With your strength, faith, and patience, cancer doesn't stand a chance!
More love and prayers coming your way,
Mike and Judy


Bravo!!!!!! Jeanne Hassel
I danced around the room after hearing about your news! We are so happy! You are my hero Maureen! Of course Mike has always been a hero in the eyes of his little, younger, only, sister :) Our happy, thankful prayers were heard! We will continue the prayers of comfort and peace for you every day! LOVE TO EVERYONE!
Jeanne, Greg, Claire, Anna & Maria


Wonderful News!! Cindy Adams
Maureen, Mike and family,
What wonderful news on the biopsy. I know the wait had to be horrible, but what a relief!! We are sooooooo happy for you. Take care!! Cindy and Bill


BIG SMILE Colleen Gillespie
I have the biggest smile on my face right now with tears rollin' down. Laughin while your cryin'...right? Many prayers and happy thoughts for you, Maureen. I love you...keep fighting! This is good, good news.
Love, Colleen


Maureen - you must be smiling with the latest news! Joan Lentner
I to smiled as I read the latest update. Emotionally and physically you have to deal with so much every waking hour of the day (and at night to when sleep doesn't want to come). That 'ol mind sure can play games with us. There is so much light at the end of the tunnel now...you ARE going to make it.
I read this passage recently and shared it with some of my friends who are also struggling with issues.
What is troubling you today? Is your heart burdened because of some problem that threatens to overcome you? Are you filled with anxiety and worry, wondering what will happen next? Listen - as a child of God through faith in Christ, you can turn these over to Christ, knowing that He loves you and is able to help you. don't carry your burden and longer, but bring it "Boldly to the Throne of Grace" --- And Leave it There. That isn't always so easy to do but it's some food for thought. I am sure you have heard it all, I just wanted to encourage you that God is taking care of you and I am praying for you. Wishing you a wonderful day and upcoming weekend.
With such good news I think you should celebrate! I am going to thank God shortly. I will be at church at noon today and will lift you in prayer. Sending love your way.
Joan , LH - Mpls


YEA!!!!!!! Clint Gibson
So thrilled to hear about the biopsy! Lot of prayers are being answered.
Love from Judy and me, Clint

Irish Blessings Mary Sueper
Happy St. Patrick's Day! I love you, Maureen! Many blessings today and always...
Love, Mary


Praise the LORD is the word of the day! Judy Kludt
Maureen, Mike and boys: We are so very elated to hear your most recent news - regarding the cancer cells. Our computer was been on the fritz so I have been out of touch via e-mail - but our prayers have been not stop!
We will continue as Jeanne said with prayers for comfort and continued good news for you. Also before I sign off - here's wising you a very BLESSED AND HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY - celebrate and drink a "green beer" or two or three.
Love to all of you from all of us. Paul & Judy Kludt and family


Thinking of you From the Dickey's Lori Johnson
To let you know you are a inspiration to all of us. I've been keeping Bill & Mary Dickey Family & Mary Jane Dickey on all of your updates. We are sending you are Love & Prayers.
Love
David & Lori(Dickey)Johnson,
Bill & Mary Dickey,
Bill & Sharolyn Dickey,
Gene Dickey, &
Mary Jane Dickey


Happy St. Pat's Day Pat Hennesy
Hi Maureen - we are sooo happy about the biopsy results! We will continue to pray even harder because we know He is listening. Plus, my golf game still sucks so I'm beating those cells out of you faster than you can possibly imagine.
I have a feeling the "Luck of the Irish" is going to be all good from this point forward for you. Happy St. Pat's Day.
All our love, Pat and Kathy


Irish blessing Catherine Handzlik
We are rejocing! Wonderful news! Sounds like all is on the upswing---we all continue to pray for more good news. God bless all.Love Catherine and Wally


from Vicki Vicki Hand
We miss seeing you and hope you are getting lots of rest. It sounds as though things are on track with the new chemo and we are so thrilled about the biopsy report.
Have a blessed Easter and know that you are in our hearts and prayers every day. Much love to you and the whole Casey bunch! Vicki


Happy Easter Maureen...and Mike and the Casey Family!!! Joan Lentner
You continue to come to mind so often and when you do that means you must be lifted for God's blessings. I have learned to appreciate these days of Holy Week leading up to Easter and look forward to each church service. It's funny that when you were young they always seemed so long and would never get over. Now it's time well spent in God's presence.
I am truly hoping that this Easter Sunday finds you filled with strength and good health to enjoy the day with your beautiful family. Your courage during this past 6 months and how you have carried your heavy cross is an example of an earthly journey done with God in your heart, mind and soul. I read your updates and am always inspired when you bring God into the picture, because without him life would definitely be to hard to endure. "He" gives us what we need and God is very good.
From my heart to yours Maureen, I wish you a Happy Happy Easter and all the Blessings each day contains. I will be in church a whole lot and you will be lifted up each time.
Joan , LH-Mpls


Easter Blessings to the Caseys! Kathy Miller
Hi Maureen and Mike! We are thinking of you all and wish you a blessed Easter. We miss you and love you so much. Love, Steve and Kathy


Maureen - Belated Happy St. Patrick's Day Joan Lentner
My intentions were good that I was going to get an email off to you yesterday, but it was just to busy at the office. I did however go to Mass at St. Olaf's and lifted you in prayer. Just a few days and Easter will be her. You have really carried a heavy cross throughout this Lenten season. Every step has been difficult, but the blessings of the Holy Week will be upon you. You can count on my mega prayers.
Happy Tuesday...and in a few days the Easter Bunny will be here :) Yummy jelly beans!


=) Jon Bryant
Glad to see things are lQQking up for you and your family. I will continue to pray for you guys. Don't take to long to come back we are lost without you =)
Jon


Wonderful news Laurel Costello
Hi Maureen, I have been gone for awhile, but just checked your CarePage again today. It sounds like you are responding well to treatment and feeling very positive. I will continue praying for you as you recover.
Love,
Cousin Laurel (Costello)


Praise God Maureen L Ormsby
Praise God, We do serve an awesome God. I am so glad that they did not find any cancer. Maureen I will continue to keep you in my prayers
Lisa


What are you up to??? Jacque Ingemansen
Having fun with your big sister? I am jealous. Hope the GB's are good and long and rich. Will you share? :) Love to you always.


Maureen - Wishing you Strength for the Day! Joan Lentner
I'm hoping you were able to enjoy some of the the Easter services. I lifted you in prayer at each service last week. I played organ for the church by my folks and it was just awesome. The choir was so spirited and it felt so good to play all of the Easter Alleluias. Hoping that this day finds you feeling even stronger both mentally and physically than yesterday. You are so special and that's why we keep the prayers going...to get you thru this bump in the road so you can again feel good...it's coming. Wishing you a wonderful Tuesday (filled with all you want it to be - especially lots of blessings.
Joan , LH - Mpls


What a wonderful surprise!!!!!!! Cynthia Neuman
Maureen,
To see you coming down the stairs towards me at the Suns game on Saturday was the most wonderful gift from God, and on the day before Easter it was truly a blessing. You looked absolutely beautiful. I was speechless as you were coming down the stairs. Couldn't believe it was really you until I had my arms around you. Thank you for coming down to see me. God bless you and your family and also continued strength and healing to you. My heart is still singing praises to the Lord. I hope to see you at a DBacks Game soon. I am at the same place. Tell Mike he looked as handsome as ever also.
Hugs, Hugs and more Hugs to the Family
Cynthia

No comments: